Free of: Gluten and top 8 allergens. (Vinegar contains sulfites.)
- 12 fresh figs*
- 8 slices proscuitto (very thinly sliced)
- 1 cup (250 mL) balsamic vinegar
- Halve figs lengthwise. Cut each slice of prosciutto lengthwise into three strips.
- Wrap each fig half with a length of prosciutto and arrange on a platter.
- Bring balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan. Boil until liquid has reduced to about 1⁄4 of a cup and is thick and syrupy.
- Drizzle sauce over figs and serve with a pre-dinner cocktail.
*Note: Ripe green or black figs should be firm when squeezed gently.
Avoid those that are too soft or very hard.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order the magazine, click here.