Free of: All top allergens, except dairy (alternative suggested).
- 6 fuji apples, peeled, cored, halved. Cut each half into 6 cubes
- 6 red or black plums, pitted, quartered
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups (475 mL) rolled oats
- 1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter cut into 1/4-inch cubes [or dairy alternative; e.g. Earth Balance]
- Zest of 2 oranges, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix together apples, plums, 1/2 cup sugar, orange zest, cinnamon and lemon juice. Place into oven-proof baking dish, approximately 3 inches deep.
- Mix together oats, remaining sugar and flour. Add butter and combine with fingers.
- Top fruit with crumble mixture and cook in oven 45 minutes to an hour.
Serving suggestion: This dessert is great topped with your favourite ice cream or whipped cream.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine. To subscribe or order a back issue, click here .