Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
Posted By Allergic Living On 2010/07/02 @ 3:16 pm In Cookies,Dessert,DFCF,Eggs,Fish,For Kids,Milk/Dairy,Mustard,Other Legumes,Peanut,Sesame,Shellfish,Soy,Sulphites,Tree Nuts | No Comments
Makes 16 cookies
Free of: Top allergens, except wheat.
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar
- 1 stick (125 mL) unsalted butter or dairy-free margarine
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 mL) egg replacer (such as Ener-G egg replacer) mixed with 2 tbsp water (equal to one egg)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon (2 mL) salt
- 1¼ cup (295 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips*
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Mix together flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or using an electric mixer, beat together the butter, both sugars, egg replacer, salt and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until smooth. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
Divide dough into 1 tbsp-sized balls.
- Arrange cookies on a non-stick baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until bottoms are golden.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve.
*Note on Safe Chocolate
Here are some of our favorite allergy-friendly chocolate choices for baking:
- Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips – free of all top allergens, plus gluten and casein.
- Nonuttin’ 70% Dark Chocolate Chunks and Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips – free of all top allergens except soy.
- Vermont Nut Free Chocolates
Chocolate Chips, Unsweetened Baking Chocolate, Candy Melts and Cocoa Powder – free of peanut and tree nut.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
Food photography by Chris Gonzaga
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To subscribe, click here .
Article printed from Allergic Living: http://allergicliving.com
URL to article: http://allergicliving.com/2010/07/02/dessert-chocolate-chip-cookies/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://allergicliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/recipe.classic-chocolate-chip-cookies.jpg
 www.enjoylifefoods.com: http://www.enjoylifefoods.com/
 www.nonuttin.com: http://www.nonuttin.com/
 www.vermontnutfree.com: http://www.vermontnutfree.com/
 here: http://allergicliving.com/subscribe.asp
Click here to print.