Free of: All top allergens, except wheat.
For gluten-free recipe, click here.
- 1 1⁄4 cup (295 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) canola or allergy-safe vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar
- 2 eggs or 4 tbsp egg replacer
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen cranberries
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, use a whisk to cream together oil and sugar. Stir in eggs or pre-mixed replacer, bananas and cranberries.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mix and combine. Pour into loaf pan and bake about 40 minutes, until a sharp knife inserted comes out clean.
- Turn loaf out onto cooling rack to cool. Slice and serve.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
Food photography by Chris Gonzaga
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To subscribe at a great price, click here.