Free of: Gluten and all top allergens
- 1¼ cup (295 mL) rice flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) canola or allergy-safe vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar
- 2 eggs or 4 tbsp egg replacer (e.g. Ener-G)
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen cranberries
- Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, use a whisk to cream together oil and sugar. Stir in eggs or pre-mixed replacer, bananas and cranberries.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mix and combine. Pour into loaf pan and bake about 40 minutes, until a sharp knife inserted comes out clean.
- Turn loaf out onto cooling rack to cool. Slice and serve.
For recipe using wheat flour, click here.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
Food photography by Chris Gonzaga
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order an issue or to subscribe, click here.
© Copyright AGW Publishing Inc.