Free of: Gluten and all top allergens.
For version with wheat flour, click here.
- 1½ cups (360 mL) brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs or 4 tbsp (60 mL) of egg replacer
- 1½ cups (360 mL) rice flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 2 cups (475 mL) rolled oats [Use pure, uncontaminated oats, e.g. Bob's Red Mill, OnlyOats or Cream Hill Estates brands]
- 2 cups (475 mL) raisins
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. In a stand mixer, beat together the first four ingredients. Add flour, vanilla, cinnamon and baking soda, stirring until smooth. Mix in oats and raisins until just combined.
- Spoon large tablespoons of dough onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet, spaced 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and serve. Will keep in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
Food photography by Chris Gonzaga
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order that issue or to subscribe, click here.
© Copyright AGW Publishing Inc.