Free of: Gluten and top allergens.
Fruits contain sulfites.
- 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) butter or butter alternative at at room temperature [we used Earth Balance]
- 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup (180 mL) sweet rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) assorted dried fruit, finely diced [optional]
- In a large bowl, stir together butter (or alternative), cornstarch and sugar. Add sweet rice flour and fruit and combine well.
- Form dough into a log. Roll tightly in plastic wrap, folding in edges. Freeze for 45 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Take dough from freezer and unwrap plastic. Slice log into 1⁄4-inch rounds. Place rounds onto cookie sheet and bake 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven, cool and serve.
Stores up to one week in an airtight container.
Food photography by Chris Gonzaga
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order that issue or to subscribe, click here.
© Copyright AGW Publishing Inc.