Makes 12-16 cookies
Free of: All top allergens except wheat.
For gluten-free recipe, click here.
- 1½ cups (360 mL) brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs or 4 tbsp (60 mL) egg replacer [e.g. Bob’s Red Mill or homemade]
- 1 1⁄2 cups (360 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 2 cups (475 mL) rolled oats
- 2 cups (475 mL) raisins [look for sulphite-free brands]
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. In a stand mixer, beat together the first four ingredients.
- Add flour, vanilla, cinnamon and baking soda, stirring until smooth. Mix in oats and raisins until just combined.
- Spoon large tablespoons of dough onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet, spaced 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and serve.
Will keep in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
Food photography by Chris Gonzaga
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order an issue or to subscribe, click here.
© Copyright AGW Publishing Inc.