Makes up to 16 cookies
Free of: Top allergens, except wheat.
Sulfites in dried fruit.
For gluten-free recipe, click here .
- 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) butter or butter alternative at at room temperature [we used Earth Balance]
- 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) assorted dried fruit, finely diced [optional]
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F. In a large mixing bowl, stir together butter or butter alternative, cornstarch and sugar.
- Add flour and fruit and combine well.
- Press dough into an 8-inch square baking pan, prick all over with a fork and bake 10-12 minutes, until golden.
- Immediately cut into finger-sized cookies while still warm and pliable, or use your favorite cookie cutter for festive shapes. Cool and serve.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
Food photography by Chris Gonzaga
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order an issue or to subscribe, click here .
© Copyright AGW Publishing Inc.