This savory combo may be served over steamed jasmine rice or with noodles to soak up the flavorful sauce.
Free of: Gluten and all top allergens.
- 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil [look for allergy-safe brand]
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 cups (950 mL) bok choy, washed, halved
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 whole chilies, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 cups (475 mL) shiitake mushrooms, quartered, stems removed
- 1 orange, zested, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Stir-fry onions and bok choy for 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender. Transfer to large bowl.
- Return wok to heat. Add 2 tbsp oil and cook chicken for 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and chilies and cook for 2 to 3 additional minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Add to bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in wok. Stir-fry mushrooms for 2 to 4 minutes. Return other ingredients to wok and add orange juice and zest.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Recipe by Chef Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order an issue or to subscribe, click here.