- 1 large flank steak
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 2 red peppers, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 10 flour tortillas [Look for brands free of allergens; there are several GF tortilla brands.]
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Set flank steak into a container and pour seasoned lime juice over top. Let rest for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Over high heat, barbecue steak for 5-6 minutes each side. Remove and allow to rest 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil in a heavy-bottomed skillet and sauté the onion, peppers and garlic for 2-4 minutes.
- Add chili powder and mix well. Keep warm.
- Slice the flank steak into thin strips, cover and set aside.
- Toast tortillas on the grill or warm through.
- Place enough steak and vegetables to fill the center of each toasted tortilla.
- Spoon on a generous dollop of guacamole (below) and fresh salsa (next page), wrap and eat.
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- pinch salt
- Peel and core avocados. Mash lightly in a medium bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
Next page: Super Salsa