- 1 boneless leg of lamb (about 4 pounds), trimmed and cut into 11 ⁄ 2- to 2-inch cubes
- 2 cups (475 mL) fresh orange juice
- Zest of two oranges
- 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canned chipotle chilies, finely chopped [Look for sulphite-free brands.]
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground cumin
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 8-10 medium metal skewers
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 each, red and yellow pepper, sliced into 1-inch chunks
- 12 button mushrooms
- Place lamb in a large bowl.
- To make marinade, in a small bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients. Add marinade to lamb. Refrigerate 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat barbecue to medium-high. Meanwhile, remove lamb from marinade, and thread onto skewers, alternating with onion, pepper and mushrooms.
- Grill skewers for 8-10 minutes, turning frequently. Remove skewers and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine,
To subscribe or order a back issue, click here.
© Copyright AGW Publishing Inc.