Pair allergy-friendly sauce and one of the better brands of gluten-free noodles. The taste? Fantastico!
Free of: All top allergens and gluten-free.
- 1 lb (454 g) ground pork
- 1 lb (454 g) ground beef
- 2 cups (475 mL) onions, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ⁄ 4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 2 cups (475 mL) beef stock [look for allergen-free brands]
- 1 28 oz (795 mL) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 6 oz (175 mL) can tomato paste
- 2 tbsp thyme leaves
- Salt & pepper
1. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large, high-sided frying pan. Sauté onions, celery, and garlic 4-5 minutes.
2. Add pork and beef and continue to cook for a further 4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve over cooked pasta of your choice.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
Food photography by Chris Gonzaga
First published in Allergic Living magazine, Fall 2008.
To order that issue or to subscribe, click here.
More Pasta Recipes:
© Copyright AGW Publishing Inc.