Free of: All top allergens and gluten-free.
- 8 cups (2 L) vegetable stock [Look for allergen-free, gluten-free brand]
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups (1 L) baking pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) onion, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) carrots, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) celery, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat oil over high heat. Add pumpkin, carrots, celery and onion. Cook for 5 minutes, then add
stock, bay leaf and thyme.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Purée soup in a food processor and season with salt and pepper.
Serving suggestion: Accentuate the soup’s smooth flavor with a dash of ground cinnamon.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To subscribe or order a back issue, click here.