For a light, gluten-free wrap, use the whole leaves of iceberg lettuce in place of bread. Here are two tasty fillings.
Portabello Mushroom Omelette
Fills 2 sandwiches
Free of: All top allergens except egg and gluten-free.
- 1 portabello mushroom, sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) diced green zucchini
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- pinch each salt and pepper
- To prepare omelette, sauté portabello mushroom and zucchini in olive oil for 3-5 minutes. Add eggs, salt and pepper. Cook until set. Remove from pan and cool.
- Cut omelette in two. Lay half in a lettuce leaf, roll up and serve.
Fills 3-4 sandwiches
Free of: All top allergens.
- 6-8 slices roast turkey
- 1 cup (250 mL) alfafa sprouts
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- Lay sliced roast turkey, alfalfa sprouts and avocado slices in one half of the lettuce leaf.
- Tuck in one end and wrap and roll cigar style.
Recipes by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order an issue or to subscribe, click here.
© Copyright AGW Publishing Inc.