Fills 4-5 sandwiches
Free of: All top allergens and gluten-free when using gluten-free bread. Choose either an egg-free mayonnaise or our soy-free one.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) fresh sage leaves
- 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) parsley
- 3⁄4 cup (180 mL) + 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
- In a food processor combine sage, parsley, 3⁄ 4 cup olive oil, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Remove to a small bowl.
- In a small skillet, heat remaining olive oil over medium heat, add apple slices and sauté until golden brown, remove and allow to cool.
- Spread sage purée on your chosen bread. Fill sandwich with sliced chicken and apple.
Suggestion: Use breads of your choice; for those avoiding gluten, we recommend any of Glutino’s products.
Great served as a platter with Grilled Vegetables & Tarragon Mayo sandwich recipe.
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order an issue or to subscribe, click here.
© Copyright AGW Publishing Inc.