Makes about 2 cups (600 mL)
Free of: All top allergens except eggs and mustard and gluten-free.
Note: Our mayo is free of soy; to avoid eggs, substitute Vegenaise or other egg-free brand and proceed with recipe.
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard or similar gluten-free mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced
- pinch each salt and pepper
- 2 cups (475 mL) vegetable oil
- In a food processor, combine egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Blend until well combined.
- With the processor running, slowly drizzle in vegetable oil. Once oil is added, the mixture will have thickened to form the mayonnaise. Stop blending immediately. Transfer to a container.
- For Tarragon Mayo: Add 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh tarragon.
For Horseradish Mayo: Add 1 tbsp (15 mL) freshly grated horseradish.
Other great mayo flavors: either 1 tbsp (15 mL) curry paste, or 1 ⁄ 4 cup (60 mL) fresh basil or cilantro.
Suggestion: Use breads of your choice; for those avoiding gluten, we recommend any of Glutino’s products.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To subscribe, click here .
© Copyright AGW Publishing Inc.