Divvies Vanilla Frosting
Makes 2 cups
- 1 1/4 cups unsifted confectioner’s sugar, plus 1/2 cup unsifted confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 cup dairy-free margarine, chilled
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons rice milk
- Combine the 1 1/4 cups of unsifted confectioner’s sugar, margarine, salt, and vanilla in a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl with a spatula, and continue to mix for 1 minute.
- Add the rice milk and continue mixing on medium speed. With mixer running, slowly add the remaining 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar until you achieve the desired sweetness. Beat an additional 4 to 5 minutes, until creamy.
- Use to frost cooled cupcakes or cake.
Tip: You can freeze unfrosted cupcakes so you always have something special for last-minute occasions.
Republished with permission of The Divvies Bakery Cookbook. © 2010 St. Martin’s Press. For more on the book and where to buy, see www.divvies.com