Free of: Gluten, peanuts, dairy, soy, sesame
Contains: Almonds (almond flour), Eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coconut flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed lime zest, plus more to decorate (about 3 limes)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 10 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, almond flour, salt, and baking soda. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, grapeseed oil, agave nectar, and 2 tablespoons lime zest. Blend the wet ingredients into the coconut flour mixture with a handheld mixer until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of batter into each prepared muffin cup.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached. Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for 1 hour, then frost, sprinkle with the remaining lime zest, and serve.
Reprinted with permission from Gluten-Free Cupcakes: 50 Irresistible Recipes Made with Almond and Coconut Flour . Copyright © 2011 by Elana Amsterdam, Celestial Arts, an imprint of Ten Speed Press, a division of the Crown Publishing Group, Berkeley, CA. Photo Credit: Annabelle Breakey.