Spring 2011-Canadian Edition
To subscribe to the Canadian edition of Allergic Living, click here.
To subscribe to the U.S. edition of Allergic Living, click here.
- The Guide to Smart Dining: Our must-read guide to finding the right restaurant, what to say to the chef, the server and more. Plus: View from the kitchen.
- Farm Fresh: From leg of lamb to lemon-thyme chicken with micro greens, Chef Simon’s spring recipes are just bursting with flavor.
- All Stuffed Up: Ah, spring. The sniffles, the headaches, the red, teary eyes… The cheek pain? Tree-pollen allergy symptoms explained.
- Uncorking Wine Allergy: Eureka! A surprising new culprit may open the door to hypoallergenic vintages.
- Allergy News: School allergy law passed; test to predict food allergies; peanut vaccine breakthrough; May is Awareness Month!
- Healthy Home: A fume-free kitchen reno that’s easy on the eyes – and lungs.
- Currents: Canadian Network for Respiratory Care’s asthma/allergy supplement: why you need an Asthma Action Plan; COPD; teens and dating; experts’ Q&A.
- Gluten-free Girl: Why being GF in the airport is actually a good thing.
- Gluten-free Goddess: How to come to love your new ingredients. Recipes: carrot cake, soda bread, potato soup.
- The Celiac Expert: Shelley Case sees hopeful developments in celiac disease.
- Ask the Allergists: Peanut allergy; “sublingual” immunotherapy; exercise-induced anaphylaxis; what to do when your teen won’t carry his EpiPen.
- Ask the Dermatologist: Dr. Sandy Skotnicki-Grant on self-tanners.
- Books: Allergic Girl spills her secrets to living well; gluten-free cookbooks
- Natural Beauty: The warmer weather ushers in the lightest in skin care and makeup.
- Hot Finds: From nose soothers to gluten-free foods, read up on the hottest new products.