- 3 cups (725 mL) fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 ⁄ 2 cup (125 mL) either Grand Marnier or fresh orange juice
- 2 cups (475 mL) of either: a. fresh whipping cream or b) non-dairy whipped topping*
- 1 ⁄ 2 cup (125 mL) sugar [omit for pre-sweetened non-dairy topping]
- In a blender, purée 2 cups (475 mL) raspberries with either Grand Marnier or orange juice. Strain into bowl, using a fine sieve; add remaining raspberries to the purée. Combine.
- In a mixer, whip cream and sugar together to form firm peaks. Fold cream into purée.
- Spoon into serving glasses or bowls, chill at least 1 hour. (Can be made up to 6 hours ahead.)
- To serve: Garnish with fresh berries and allergy-safe shaved dark chocolate.
*Note: Be sure to read the label when looking for a dairy-free whipped topping. Some so-called “non-dairy products” do contain a small amount of milk protein (casein). We suggest soy-based products (such as SoyaToo! Topping Cream). For soy-free and dairy-free, AL’s editors gave thumbs up to this Coconut Whipped Cream recipe from author Ricki Heller.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order an issue or to subscribe, click here.