- 3 cups (725 mL) fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 ⁄ 2 cup (125 mL) either Grand Marnier or fresh orange juice
- 2 cups (475 mL) of either: a. fresh whipping cream or b) non-dairy whipped topping*
- 1 ⁄ 2 cup (125 mL) sugar [omit for pre-sweetened non-dairy topping]
- In a blender, purée 2 cups (475 mL) raspberries with either Grand Marnier or orange juice. Strain into bowl, using a fine sieve; add remaining raspberries to the purée. Combine.
- In a mixer, whip cream and sugar together to form firm peaks. Fold cream into purée.
- Spoon into serving glasses or bowls, chill at least 1 hour. (Can be made up to 6 hours ahead.)
- To serve: Garnish with fresh berries and allergy-safe shaved dark chocolate.
*Note: Be sure to read the label when looking for a dairy-free whipped topping. Some so-called “non-dairy products” do contain a small amount of milk protein (casein). We suggest soy-based products (such as SoyaToo! Topping Cream).
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order an issue or to subscribe, click here.