- 2 large grapefruits, halved with fruit removed. Reserve skins and extra juice
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) black olives, pitted and halved
- 1 ripe pear (Anjou or Bartlett), cored and diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 4 fresh basil leaves, finely sliced
- In a large bowl, combine grapefruit segments and juice with all other ingredients. Toss together well.
- For a fun serving idea, line up the four empty grapefruit halves, and clean out remaining pith. Serve salad in the grapefruit bowls.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To subscribe or order an issue online, click here.