Free of: All top allergens and gluten-free
- 8 large ripe fresh tomatoes, tops and seeds removed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) + 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) shallots, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups (475 mL) gluten-free bread crumbs [For non-GF: regular bread crumbs are fine]
- 1/2 cup (60 mL) fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup (60 mL) fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil on medium in a large sauté 4-6 minutes.
- Add garlic, bread crumbs, basil and parsley. Cook a further 2-4 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Fill open tomatoes with crumb mixture.
- Drizzle remaining tablespoon of olive oil into bottom of an 8×12-inch baking dish. Place filled tomatoes in dish, drizzle with a little oil. Bake 10-12 minutes.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To subscribe and get the magazine to your door, click here.