Fall 2011 – U.S. Edition
To subscribe to the American edition of Allergic Living, click here . 
To subscribe to the Canadian edition of Allergic Living, click here .
- Out of Control: Asthma in America: There’s an asthma crisis in U.S. The number of people with the disease is growing, and too many of them do not have the disease
under the control. Allergic Living gets inside the crisis.
- Silent Celiac: Some people have so few symptoms that they don’t even realize gluten is a problem. But stealthily, damage is being done. [Read more ]
- The Bully’s Target: Kids with food allergies are being teased and harassed at school. Here’s why, and what we can do to make school a safe haven.
- This Allergic Life: Millionaire pro sports team owner Ted Leonsis reveals what it’s like to juggle severe allergies with an on-the-go lifestyle.
- Modern Times: Try one of Chef Simon’s twists on autumn flavours, including braised chicken in apple cider and beet chips with chipotle aioli.
- Ragweed’s Rule: It causes misery for millions of Americans every fall. Here’s how to reduce your suffering.
- The Food Allergy Experts: Questions on: outgrowing peanut allergy, adult sensitization and oral allergy syndrome.
- Ask the Asthma & Allergy Expert: Readers ask about: September flare-ups; how puberty affects asthma.
- Allergy News: “May contain” labelling news, the myth of the hypoallergenic dog, and more.
- Healthy Home: Insulation that’s irritant-, mold- and carcinogen-free.
- Celiac Expert: Shelley Case on why pulses are nutritional powerhouses – and ideal for those on a gluten-free diet.
- Gluten-free Girl: Shauna James Ahern reveals how she got over her fear of restaurants – and how you can, too.
- Gluten-free Goddess: Karina Allrich turns your home into a bakeshop. Recipes: Baked Donuts; Apple-Pear Muffins; Pumpkin Cornbread.
- FAAN Views: FAAN’S Maria Acebal presents her wish list for what every teacher and school employee ought to know about food allergies.
- The Parenting Coach: Gina Clowes offers helpful tips on making Halloween extra fun for allergic kids. They needn’t feel different!
- Natural Beauty: Makeup bag essentials that will take you from day through night.
- My Story: A teen learns about dating with allergies the hard way.
- Adult Alleriges: Mireille Schwartz on navigating food allergies at the office.
- Hot Stuff: Halloween treats that are scary and safe.
BUY THIS ISSUE