Chicken Stew with Smoked Paprika
Posted By Allergic Living On 2011/09/09 @ 10:12 am In Celiac, Gluten-free,Eggs,Fish,Main Dishes,Milk/Dairy,Mustard,Other Legumes,Peanut,Sesame,Shellfish,Soy,Sulphites,Tree Nuts,Wheat | 1 Comment
Free of: Gluten and top allergens
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 each of red, orange and yellow pepper, diced
- 1 can white beans, rinsed*
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, diced
- 4 cups (950 mL) chicken stock [Look for allergen-free, GF brand]
- Zest of 1 orange
*Note: If preferred, you can use chickpeas instead of white beans.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken pieces with smoke paprika and half the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and combine.
- Meanwhile, heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add remaining olive oil. Place chicken into pan, skin side down. Sear chicken on both sides until golden brown. Remove to plate and set aside.
- To the pan, add onion, peppers, beans and oregano. Sauté 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in chicken stock, bring to a boil. Add the chicken pieces.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered, for at least 15-18 minutes until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
Article printed from Allergic Living: http://allergicliving.com
URL to article: http://allergicliving.com/2011/09/09/chicken-stew-with-smoked-paprika/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://allergicliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Chicken-Stew-w-Smoked-Paprika1.jpg
Click here to print.