Winter 2012 – U.S. Edition
- The Ultimate Party: Enjoy food and friends worry-free by hosting your own party. with AL’s outstanding recipes. No nuts, dairy, gluten, fish, etc. Recipe excerpt: Seared Lamb Fritters.
- The Gluten-Free Goddess sweetens the party table with Chocolate Layer Cake and lemon and ginger cookies.
- A “safe” level of peanut? Researchers are seeking a controversial threshold of peanut in food to open up grocery choices. But will it work for all?
- Stylish Healthy Home: We show you the off-gassing trouble spots, then find you the best low-VOC furniture, cabinets, paints and more.
- This Celiac Life: Dean McDermott, aka Tori Spelling’s husband, on his plans to be a gluten-free entrepreneur.
- Exclusive: Dietitian Shelley Case’s full nutritional analysis of GF pasta brands.
- In the News: Celiac pill; the scientists who have ‘turned off’ peanut allergy; closing in on a dust mite vaccine; study on pb sticking to sports equipment. Plus: almond oil and the manicure: safe or not?
- Food Allergy Experts: Drs. Sicherer and Sharma on eczema and milk allergy; sanitizers vs. soap, new foods and the at-risk infant.
- Teen Confidential: The straight good on how teens manage their food allergies at school.
- Allergic Living’s Gift Guide: Great ideas for the allergic child or celiac adult on your list. Online here.
- FAAN Views: FAAN’s Maria Acebal celebrates how far we’ve come in food allergy awareness.
- Celiac and Your Teeth: Dental defects as a celiac symptom. It’s a discovery is so new, even your dentist may be unaware.
- Ask the Asthma Expert on: ice water and asthma, hairless pets, and asthma and colds.
- Parenting Coach: Gina Clowes’ six hot tips to keep the extended family gathering safe.
- Gluten-free Girl: Shauna James Ahern on a cookbook’s growing pains.
- Flying Trouble: A group of MDs argues that pets in the plane cabin are a health risk to those with asthma/allergies. Will the airlines listen?
- Our Story: A boy’s oral food challenge doesn’t go quite as planned.