Once you try this versatile concoction, you’ll be hooked.
- 8 oz (230 g) allergen-free semi-sweet chocolate chips (such as Enjoy Life)
- 1 cup (250 mL) coconut cream*
- Heat coconut cream until simmering, then add chocolate and stir until smooth. Use it right away on top of cake or cupcakes to produce a glossy, thick icing.
Put it in a container and refrigerate (up to a week) to use as a spread, as a frosting or heated for fondue. Spoon it into heated milk alternative for a decadent cup of hot chocolate. Can also add a touch of your favorite flavor extract or liquor and use the ganache to fill the molded chocolates above.
Try this recipe to make chocolate letters, figures or even beautiful chocolate bouquets.
- 1 10 oz bag Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mega Chunks
- 3 oz (85 g) white corn syrup
- Melt chocolate, then add the corn syrup, stirring thoroughly.
- Spread on wax paper and let dry for two hours.
- Knead until it becomes soft and pliable.
- Create your own decorative designs, such a petaled flowers in a bouquet.
No need to refrigerate; like modeling clay, it will hold its shape.
*Coconut is technically a fruit. While most allergists do not consider it a tree nut, if you are nut allergic, ask your doctor if coconut is safe for you.