- 2 racks of lamb, cleaned and trimmed
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp caraway seeds
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) + 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp each, salt and pepper
- Place lamb on a cutting board.
- In a mortar and pestle combine all powder, seeds and herbs. Smash until fine. Add garlic, 1 ⁄ 4 cup of olive oil, salt and pepper. Combine until the harissa paste forms.
- 3. Brush racks with harissa paste and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Meanwhile, add the extra 2 tbsp of olive oil to a large ovenproof pan over high heat. Sear racks until golden brown.
- Transfer lamb to oven and cook 10-12 minutes for medium rare.
- Remove from oven; rest for 5 minutes. Slice racks and serve.
Note: If rack of lamb is beyond your budget, substitute 12 lamb chops.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To subscribe or order an issue, click here .
© Copyright AGW Publishing Inc.