Watercress and Tenderloin Salad with Arugula Vinaigrette
Posted By Simon Clarke On 2012/05/02 @ 1:32 pm In Celiac, Gluten-free,Eggs,Fish,Grilling,Main Dishes,Milk/Dairy,Other Legumes,Peanut,Salads,Salads,Sesame,Shellfish,Soy,Spring,Sulphites,Summer,Tree Nuts,Wheat | No Comments
Free of: Gluten and Top 8 allergens.
- 2 lbs (900 g) beef tenderloin*
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 large bunches (4 cups) watercress, washed
- Pre-heat grill on high. Rub beef with 3 tbsp of olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper. Coat well and set aside 10-15 minutes.
- Grill tenderloin until seared on all sides. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking with the lid closed, 12-15 minutes for medium-rare. (Internal temperature of 130°F for medium-rare, 140°F for medium taken with a probe thermometer.) Remove beef from the grill, tent with foil and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Arrange watercress on a serving platter. Thinly slice beef and arrange on top of watercress.
- Drizzle generously with vinaigrette (see recipe below) and serve.
*Note: Budget-friendly flank steak also works well. Follow the same method, but adjust cooking time. Grill over high heat 4-6 minutes per side for medium rare.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) gluten-free Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh horseradish, grated
- 2 cups (475 mL) fresh arugula leaves, washed
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients except olive oil in a blender. Purée on high for 30 seconds, then add olive oil in a steady stream until well combined.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order the magazine, click here .
© Copyright AGW Publishing Inc.
Article printed from Allergic Living: http://allergicliving.com
URL to article: http://allergicliving.com/2012/05/02/watercress-and-tenderloin-salad-with-arugula-vinaigrette/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://allergicliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Watercress-and-Tenderloin-Salad2.jpg
 here: http://allergicliving.com/subscribe.asp
Click here to print.