Summer 2012 – U.S. Edition
- Her Allergic Life: TV parenting expert Jo Frost, the former “SuperNanny”, on dealing with restaurants and airlines with serious food allergies and asthma. Plus, her advice on allergic kids.
- Flying Into Stormy Skies: How the inconsistent food allergy practices of some airlines are driving some allergic customers nuts. What can be done? (Plus, see our Comparing Airlines chart here.)
- Parenting Coach: Gina Clowes’ practical guide for airplane travel with allergic kids.
- Celiac Disease & Your Love Life: It’s time to talk about the fact that celiac can have a big impact on your libido.
- What My Kids Taught Me as an Allergist: When Sarah Boudreau-Romano’s own child was diagnosed with food allergies, her world turned upside down. [Read more]
- Food Allergy Experts: The allergists take questions on teens and kissing, the safety of goat’s milk, and if it’s true or false that reactions get progressively worse.
- In the News: Food allergy groups unite, migraines linked to celiac, Texas students get allergy policies, and the dustup over an “almost” gluten-free pizza crust.
- Allergy-friendly Products: Our editors pick beach totes for safe foods, sunscreens, snacks for your road trip and more!
- Super Safe Recipes: From sesame-free hummus to warm quinoa spaghetti (with capers and arugula), our allergy-friendly twist on the healthy Mediterranean Diet. [Sneak peek recipe here.]
- Summer ‘Sicles! Fabulous Strawberries ’n Cream Watermelon Pops from GoDairyFree’s Alisa Fleming.
- FAAN Views: FAAN’s Maria Acebal has a sharp rebuke for summer camps that don’t administer auto-injectors.
- Celiac Central: The fun way to teach kids about the gluten-free diet.
- Healthy Home: Got mold? We’ve got the scoop on how to rid it from your home.
- Our Story: By jumping out of a plane over New Zealand, my daughter showed me the importance of enjoying life, even with allergies.