Free of: All top allergens, except egg (in optional garlic mayo), and gluten-free
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon-style mustard [*Look for allergen-free brands; for mustard allergy, can omit]
- 1 1 ⁄2 cups (375 mL) vegetable oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400º F.
- Slice potatoes into ¼-inch wedges and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Line a large, rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spread spread wedges on it in a single layer.
- Roast in oven 30-40 minutes, turning once, until evenly browned and cooked through.
- To make mayo, place egg yolks in food processor. With it running, add garlic, mustard, salt and pepper until combined.
- Slowly add oil until mayonnaise comes together. Place in a dipping bowl and serve with fries.
Note: For egg allergy – skip the mayo and serve with salt or another favorite condiment.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order the magazine, click here .