Free of: All top allergens and gluten-free
Chef’s Note: The fennel and herb combo brightens up the classic summer tomato salad. Serve it with the Tomato and Basil Granita  (pictured).
- 1 lb (1/2 kg) assorted tomatoes, sliced
- 1 bulb fresh fennel, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp each, dill, chives, parsley, chervil (optional), chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) vegetable stock [Look for allergy- and gluten-free brands]
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Place dressing ingredients in blender. Pulse until combined. Set aside.
- Arrange tomatoes and fennel on a platter. Pour over herb dressing. Serve.
Tip: Pairs well with the savory Tomato and Basil Granita  (pictured).
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order the magazine, click here .