Chef’s Note: Super light, refreshing and easy to make. Serve as a soup or as a glass of tonic between courses.
- 1 medium, seedless watermelon, peeled with a large knife and cubed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh mint, torn
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups (475 mL) apple juice
- Pinch salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, stir all ingredients together.
- Pour into a blender in batches, pulsing mixture until smooth.
- Strain soup through a fine sieve. Chill for at least one hour in fridge.
- Serve soup in chilled soup bowls or glasses.
If you like this recipe, try the Avocado & Cucumber Soup (pictured).
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To subscribe online, click here.
© Copyright AGW Publishing Inc.