- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 14 oz can each, kidney, pinto, white beans, drained and rinsed
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in garlic, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Mix in beef and sauté for another 4 minutes. Now add remaining ingredients.
- Bring chili to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer chili for for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare your cornbread.
Next page: Herb Cornbread