Makes 8 to 12 muffinsFree of:All top allergens and gluten-free
- 1 cup fine cornmeal
- 1/4 cup white rice flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup golden cane sugar
- 1 tsp Italian savory herbs
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 cup unsweetened rice milk
- 2 large eggs or 2 flax “eggs” (2 tbsp ground flax seeds + 6 tbsp hot water, combined and cooled)
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F. Line a muffin tin with baking cups.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl, whisking thoroughly.
- In a smaller bowl, combine all wet ingredients. Pour into cornmeal mixture and stir gently until well incorporated. Batter will be quite wet.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tin to just below the top of each baking cup.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick in the center comes out clean. Serve warm with chili.
Recipes by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order the magazine, click here.