- 1 cup (250 mL) coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups (350 mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp rice syrup (I used Lundberg brand)
- 1 tbsp water
To make toffee
- Mix all ingredients and heat until temperature reaches Hard Crack stage – 290 degrees F. This takes at least 20 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from heat, and carefully place pot into a sink of warm water to stop the cooking.
- Pour into parchment paper-lined 9 x 13-inch (23 x 33 cm) pan, then score with a knife into 1 inch pieces, and let harden. It should break into pieces easily.
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order the magazine, click here.