Free of: Gluten and top allergens
- 6-inch long piece of beef tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tsp hot chili sauce [Look for allergen-free, gluten-free brand]
- Salt and pepper
- Several green onions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- Bamboo skewers
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, combine beef strips with honey, olive oil, rosemary, chili sauce, salt and pepper. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Thread one strip of beef onto a 5-inch to 6-inch skewer, then a piece of green onion, then one more strip of beef. Continue until all beef is used up. Season skewers with salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add beef skewers to pan, making sure not to crowd.
- Sauté on each side for about 1 minute, until cooked. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To order an issue or to subscribe, click here .