Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash
Posted By Allergic Living On 2013/11/18 @ 2:52 pm In Appetizers,Eggs,Fall,Fish,Milk/Dairy,Mustard,Other Legumes,Peanut,Sesame,Shellfish,Sides,Sides,Soy,Sulphites,Tree Nuts,Vegan,Wheat | No Comments
Serves 6 (or 3 as a main course)
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- 3 medium-sized acorn squash, halves and seeded
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- 2 cups (475 mL) quinoa, cooked
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) red or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chives, finely diced
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350° F. Place squash on a baking sheet, cut side up. Pour water onto sheet, and cover with tin foil. Bake squash 20-25 minutes or until cooked. Remove from oven.
- Cook quinoa (follow package instructions); place in medium-sized bowl.
- In a sauté pan, heat olive oil on medium. Add bell pepper, zucchini, onion and chives. Season with salt and pepper, and sauté 4-6 minutes.
- Add vegetables to cooked quinoa. Spoon mixture into cooked squash halves.
- Return stuffed squash to oven and bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove and serve.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To subscribe or order an issue, click here .
© Copyright AGW Publishing Inc.
Article printed from Allergic Living: http://allergicliving.com
URL to article: http://allergicliving.com/2013/11/18/quinoa-stuffed-acorn-squash/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://allergicliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/recipe-quinoa-stuffed-acorn-squash.jpg
 here: http://allergicliving.com/subscribe
Click here to print.