- 6-8 small baking potatoes, washed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter alternative (e.g. Earth Balance)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) prepared horseradish – plain, not creamy style (check ingredients label for allergens)
- 1 small bunch chives, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- Rub potatoes with olive oil and salt. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Let cool slightly. Using a sharp knife, slice off the tops or lids of each potato. Set lids aside.
- Scoop out the flesh from each potato, and put it in a mixing bowl. Using a fork combine with remaining ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into potato skins and put lids on top. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes to heat through. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To subscribe, click here.