Get a double dose of sweet and spice by dunking our gluten-free, allergy-friendly Vanilla Chai Shortbread in this delicious beverage.
Makes 1 beverage
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsweetened dairy-free milk alternative
- 1 tbsp honey, or other sweetener
- 1 ⁄ 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ⁄ 4 to 3⁄ 4 tsp spice mix
- Pinch salt
- Heat the milk alternative in a microwave-safe mug until hot but not boiling (about 1 minute).
- Stir in all remaining ingredients, adjusting the sweetener and spice mix to your own taste.
Alisa Fleming is Allergic Living’s Senior Editor and the founder of the popular Godairyfree.org.