Schools and Allergies Resource Hub – Canada
For the U.S. school & allergies resource hub, click here.
Comprehensive resource - Allergy Safe Communities site:
- Allergy Safe Communities’ Emergency Plans: EpiPen, Allerject, Twinject
- Sample letter from principal
- Sample letter from teacher
- Steps for school anaphylaxis plan
Canadian School Boards Association publication:
Anaphylaxis: A Handbook for School Boards
Food Allergy/Anaphylaxis Action Plans from Anaphylaxis Canada
Asthma Action Plans
Allergic Living Allergy, Celiac School Tools, Posters:
- Six That Save Lives, our popular anaphylaxis emergency poster.
- I Am A Child with Food Allergies, Free anaphylaxis awareness poster.
- Managing Dairy Allergy in School
- It’s Off (Gulp) to Kindergarten with Food Allergies
- Fun Doesn’t Need Food - Excluding the treats, not the allergic child at school.
- Tips for Talking to School Officials – by Laurie Harada, Executive Director of Anaphylaxis Canada
- Off to College – with Food Allergies, Celiac Disease.
- Comparing Universities Chart: Comparing the food allergy and celiac practices of 16 universities across Canada.
- See our full school section here.
Other Top Food Allergy, Celiac Learning Resources:
- Anaphylaxis Canada’s Back to School Checklist & Free Webinars
- The Canadian Celiac Association – Kids and the Gluten-Free Diet
- AAIA (Allergy Asthma Information Assoc.) Back to School safety checklists and printable brochures.
Resources for Teens:
- Why Risk It – Resource for teens and young adults with food allergies.
From the Allergic Living Archive:
- Food in the Classroom
- Teens and Kissing with Food Allergies
- Sabrina’s Law - Award-winning article on girl who inspired anaphylaxis law.
- A Nutty Tale - Sabrina’s radio documentary.
- Who’s Watching Lunch at School?
- Beware the September Asthma Spike
- Food Allergy and the Risky Teenage Years
Next: Provincial laws, polices and guidelines.