Red Wine Fudge Pudding Cake
Posted By Laurie Sadowski On 2014/02/05 @ 4:57 pm In Allergy Safe Recipes,Baking,Cakes, Cupcakes,Cakes, Cupcakes,Celiac, Gluten-free,Dessert,Eggs,Fish,GF Baking,Milk/Dairy,Mustard,Other Legumes,Peanut,Sesame,Shellfish,Soy,Sulphites,Tree Nuts,Wheat,Winter | No Comments
By Laurie Sadowski
This chocolate pudding cake has a brownie-like topping covering a molten-merlot infused fudge pudding. It’s to be shared, of course, with your number one chocolate lover.
Makes 2 generous servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sorghum flour
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (dark, if possible)
- 2 tbsp teff flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp allergy-safe semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) unrefined cane sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp refined coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (dark, if possible)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) merlot wine, warmed
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Lightly oil a glass dish, about 4×8 inches. Place the sorghum flour, cocoa powder, teff flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk well to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Add the sugar, non-dairy milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract to a small bowl. Whisk well to combine. Pour this mixture into the flour mixture. Stir until combined.
Spread the mixture into the prepared dish (it will be thick).
- For the pudding, place the sugar and cocoa powder into a small bowl. Whisk well to combine. Sprinkle the mixture over the batter. Then slowly pour the warmed wine overtop. Do not stir.
- Put the dish on top of a baking sheet, in case of spillover. Bake 30-35 minutes, until bubbling, and the topping feels firm to the touch. Cool 15 minutes. Serve warm, and indulge.
Laurie Sadowski is a cookbook author whose most recent book is “The Allergy-Free Cook Bakes Cakes and Cookies”. Visit her at www.lauriesadowski.com .
More Allergy-Friendly Dessert Recipes:
Triple Chocolate Brownie Cones
Spiced-Pear Cobbler 
Article printed from Allergic Living: http://allergicliving.com
URL to article: http://allergicliving.com/2014/02/05/red-wine-fudge-pudding-cake/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://allergicliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/wine-pudding.jpg
 www.lauriesadowski.com: http://www.theallergyfreecook.com/
 Spiced-Pear Cobbler: http://allergicliving.com/index.php/2014/01/21/allergy-friendly-spiced-pear-cobbler/
Click here to print.