Valentine’s Day Crafts
This craft can either be glued on a Valentine’s Day card or hung in front of a window for a fun stained-glass effect.
- Pink, red, purple and blue crayons
- Pencil/crayon sharpener
- Wax paper
- Iron (parental supervision required)
- 2 dish towels
- Hole punch
- Glue stick
- Remove the wrapper from each crayon.
- Start sharpening each crayon from end to end, and collect the shavings into different piles or containers to use later.
- Once you’ve collected the crayon shavings, cut two 6-inch squares of wax paper and place one on top of a dish towel on a flat surface.
- Sprinkle 1 or 2 colors of crayon shavings on the wax paper, being careful to stay at least one inch away from the edges.
- Lay the other square of wax paper on top and cover with your second dish towel.
- Use the iron (parental supervision required) on a low-heat setting and gently press it over the dish towel, covering the wax paper and crayon shavings. The more you glide the iron over the towel, the more the colors will run and spread out between the wax paper.
- Remove the towels and let the wax paper cool for a couple of minutes.
- Once cooled, cut the wax paper into heart shapes.
- You can either glue your hearts onto a card or punch a hole at the top and use string or ribbon to hang them in front of a well-lit window.
More Allergy-Friendly Craft & Party Ideas:
Heart Shaped Crayons, Love Bugs and Tissue Paper Hearts
Allergy-Free Candy’s for Valentines Day
Halloween Ribbon Wands, Home-Spun Spider Webs and other Spooky Crafts.