This tender bread recipe is fun and flexible. Mix up the herbs and spices to suit your menu, add nutritional yeast to the coating for a cheesy kick, or take the buttery route by substituting dairy-free margarine for the olive oil.
Makes 1 bundt
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- 1 batch Versatile Gluten-Free Yeast Dough (sugar and vanilla omitted and prepared with extra-virgin olive oil in place of the coconut oil)
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, robust if possible
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Lightly oil a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Whisk olive oil, parsley, thyme, salt and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Dip a tablespoon into the herb and oil mixture, then use that tablespoon to scoop a ball of prepared dough. Dip a second tablespoon in the herb and oil mixture, and coat the ball on the first tablespoon with the oil. Transfer the oiled ball of dough to the prepared pan. Repeat with the remaining dough, layering balls in the pan.
- Let dough balls rise uncovered in a warm, draft-free place for about 45 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the buns are lightly browned and the center of the dough registers 200ºF with a thermometer. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Place a serving platter upside down over the pan and turn the pan and platter over together to invert the bread onto the platter. Let cool 20 minutes before serving.
Pull-Apart Buns Option: Follow the directions above, but place three balls of dough into each of 12 muffin cups. Reduce the baking time to 25 to 30 minutes.