By Alisa Fleming
Makes about 1 quart
Free of: Gluten and all top allergens.
- 1 pound (16 oz) strawberries
- 1 14 oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Wash and hull strawberries.
- Place strawberries, coconut milk, sugar and vanilla in a blender and puree until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Set blender jar in the refrigerator and let chill for 1-2 hours.
- Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Pack the soft ice cream in a freezer-safe container and freeze for several hours or overnight for hard-packed ice cream.
Alisa Fleming is Allergic Living’s Senior Editor and the founder of the Godairyfree.org website.
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine.