- 6 cups (1.4 L) baby arugula, washed
- 1 jicama (or Mexican turnip), peeled and cut into matchstick-size strips
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 oranges, segmented, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup (125 mL) cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- Place arugula and jicama in salad bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, toss together remaining ingredients. Spoon over arugula mix and serve.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
See also: Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To subscribe and get the magazine to your door, click here.