- 6 10-inch tortillas [look for allergen-free brands; for gluten-free, use rice tortillas]
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 14 oz (398 mL) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups (475 mL) cooked rice
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh cilantro
- 2 cups (475 mL) grated cheddar [Substitute: soy cheese]
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 350º F.
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil. Sauté onions 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder, corn, beans and rice. Stir and remove from heat.
- Put tortillas on cookie sheet, warm in oven for 5 minutes. Then remove from oven and lay out all six on work surface. Spoon equivalent amount of bean mixture onto center of each tortilla.
- Top with tomato, avocado, cilantro and cheese. Fold in two horizontal sides of each tortilla over the filling, then roll up from bottom to form burrito. Cut into two to serve, and garnish with green onion.
Recipe by Simon Clarke
First published in Allergic Living magazine.
To subscribe and get the magazine to your door, click here.