Food Allergy Celiac Convention At Disney World
Save this date: Saturday, November 22! Allergic Living readers always rave about the superb special-diet accommodations at Walt Disney World in Orlando.
Now, there’s a chance to both visit Disney World and attend an amazing free-from expo. The very first Food Allergy and Celiac Convention will be held on Nov. 22 at Coronado Springs Resort & Convention Center, located inside Disney World (the event is not affiliated with Disney or the park, however).
Expect delicious food, exciting new allergy-friendly and gluten-free products, workshops, great speakers and cooking demos from Disney chefs themselves. The convention is the brainchild of co-hosts Sarah Norris, creator of the website Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free at WDW, and special-diet cookbook author Laurie Sadowski.
Saturday Convention program includes:
- Expo Area (featuring vendors, sponsors, and non-profit organizations)
- Welcome Breakfast (ticketed event for guests)
- Cooking demonstrations, featuring some of the amazing Disney chefs
- Speakers, panels, and workshops focusing on all aspects of food allergies and celiac disease
- Non-dairy, No Nut, No Gluten Ice Cream Buffet (ticketed event for guests)
- Kids’ Corner
- 15 Minutes of Fame Stage where vendors & sponsors can highlight their unique brands and products
- Raffle baskets and giveaways (before and during the event weekend)
- Pre-event recipe booklets where vendors & sponsors can highlight their unique brands and products with recipes
- And more!