Makes: 6 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) + 2 tbsp fresh-squeezed lime juice (3 limes)
- 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) + 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for brushing
- salt and black pepper
- 6 ears corn, husks and silks removed and halved
- 1⁄2 cup (120 mL) finely diced red onion
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup (80 mL) chopped, loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 2 ripe, firm avocados, diced
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, cumin and chili powder. Whisk in lime juice. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking to emulsify. Add pinch of salt and dash of pepper.
- Heat grill to high. Liberally brush corn with olive oil and lightly season all sides with salt and pepper. Grill with lid closed 10-12 minutes, turning every few minutes, until slightly charred on all sides.
- Transfer corn to cutting board. Use a sharp, serrated knife to cut off kernels. Place kernels in a large bowl and stir in onion, bell pepper and dressing. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Add cilantro and avocado and toss gently to combine.
- Serve immediately or cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Cybele Pascal is Allergic Living’s Food Editor and the author of three cookbooks, including the new Allergy-Free and Easy Cooking. Visit her at cybelepascal.com. For many more great recipes, subscribe to Allergic Living magazine.