Allergy-Friendly Halloween Candy and Resources
Safe Treats and Food-Free Fun
- Allergic Living’s 2015 allergy-friendly Halloween candy list.
- Food-free toys and treats ideas.
- Party ideas for kids and teens with food allergies by Caroline Moassessi.
Halloween Costumes and Crafts
- Exclusive: DIY teal witch and wizard costume-making instructions.
- Get Creative! From sassy foam spiders to hanging bats and felt pumpkins, try our amazing new Halloween crafts.
Our friends at FARE are encouraging everyone to raise awareness of food allergies by providing non-food treats for trick-or-treaters and painting our pumpkins teal (the color of food allergy awareness).
- Halloween 2015: ‘Can the Teal Pumpkin Rival Orange?’; learn all about the program.
- FARE’s Teal Pumpkin Project Map allows any family shelling out food-free treats to add their home address to the custom map here.
- Meet Becky Basalone, the woman who started the teal concept on her Tennessee porch.
Articles and Parenting Advice
- Allergic Living columnist Gina Clowes’ advice for safe trick-or-treating at different ages.
- An allergy-mom’s close call: The Year the Great Pumpkin Almost Blew It.
- Halloween treating and labeling by Food Allergy Canada’s Laurie Harada.